Today is July 7, 2014 and for me it marks two years of blogging.
Two years of blogging means...
Pounds upon pounds of flour and sugar.
Hundreds of eggs.
Lots of recipe fails.
And thousands of pictures.
It takes a lot to put a blog together, but it is a pretty awesome experience! Here is to many more!
A year ago, I made you these cupcakes, but I wasn't ready to share because I wanted to continue working on them. It took me a year, but I finally worked on them, got them right and I am ready to share! Here is my rendition of chocolate cloud cupcakes to celebrate the occasion of my blog's second birthday!
Thank you for reading!
Chocolate Cloud Cupcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cubed
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Begin by making the cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray. Set pan aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined, about 1 minute.
3. With the mixer on low, begin adding butter in, a few cubes at a time. Mix until it resembles coarse sand. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined. Slowly pour in milk and vanilla. Scrape down bowl and mix for 2 minutes on medium.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, you can make the chocolate whipped cream. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, combine heavy whipping cream, sugar and cocoa. Mix on medium until medium-stiff peaks. Pipe/spread whipped cream onto cooled cupcakes. Best topped and eaten immediately. Yields 12 cupcakes.
Print Recipe Here
Yay!!! two years :) Congratulations dear!! Of course chocolate cupcakes are the perfect treat :)ReplyDelete
Thank you, dear! Soon you'll be at two years, we shall have a joint celebration!Delete
Those look amazing! I love whipped cream as an icing. So much better IMO than heavy powdered sugar filled, hurt-your-teeth versions! Happy two years of blogging. It goes by quickly, doesn't it?ReplyDelete
Me too, my only complaint it doesn't last as long. But then do cupcakes ever really last that long?Delete
p.s Congratulations Molly!
It's becoming a new favorite of mine, as opposed to regular frosting! Going by too fast! Thanks!Delete
i could use a chocolate cupcake now!ReplyDelete
I could, too!Delete
Congrats on 2 years blogging anniversary!! and these cupcakes look gorgeous!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much!!Delete
happy blogging anniversary! these cupcakes are so adorable.. love the recipe. thanks for sharing molly!ReplyDelete
Thank you very much! And anytime!Delete