I don't know when it was that I saw my first How I Met Your Mother episode, but I do remember who it was that introduced me! It was this gal, she's pretty awesome! And I am pretty happy that she introduced me! Now together we watched two or three episodes and I thought they were hilarious, but at the time I just couldn't commit to eight seasons of 22 episodes plus the current season. It took me until last December to finally start plowing through the episodes. Now, I have only been a fan of How I Met Your Mother for a short while, but each of the characters holds a special place in my heart and I am so sad that the final episode is tonight. So, as I sob while watching the finale, I will be stuffing my face with these "sumbitches cookies".
For those of you not familiar with the show, here is the clip where the "sumbitches" cookies make their appearance! I couldn't find the whole clip, but I don't want to give the whole show away! I've got to get you watch somehow!
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate covered caramel candies (I tried two candies and preferred the Dove caramel promises)
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together butter and peanut butter until evenly combined. Beat in sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium. Scrape down the bowl and then mix in eggs and vanilla.
3. In two additions add in flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Using a small cookie dough scoop, scoop one ball of dough, pace it in your hand, then place candy on it, cover with another scoop of dough and shape into a ball.
5. Bake 14 to 15 minutes, cool 10 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Print Recipe Here
Recipe Adapted from People – Great Ideas