So, Valentine's day is coming. Yay...for you if you're in a relationship. Well, I guess I am in a relationship of sorts, with food that is. Therefore, I am not really sure why I got all excited to make heart shaped cookies with pink frosting. I should really be making something super chocolatey and indulgent
Anyways, instead of making something to drown away sorrows I get suckered into buying all these cutsie pink and heart shaped sprinkles. Seriously, last year I bought 3 containers of these teeny tiny heart sprinkles, thinking they were uber adorable. Have I used them? NOPE, I still have them sitting there eagerly waiting to be used. I'll just be here eating these cookies, thinking about
guys ahem I mean overly indulgent desserts to shove into my face.
Heart Sandwich Cookies Filled With Strawberry Buttercream
1 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
½ (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Strawberry Buttercream Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 lb powdered sugar
½ cup chopped strawberries (about 4 tablespoons pureed)
pinch of salt
1. Begin by preparing cookies. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt, set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar, until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, mixing on low until just combined. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. Roll cookie dough out on a lightly floured surface (I rolled mine to a little less than ¼ inch). Cut dough with cookie cutters. Transfer shapes to prepared baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
5. To prepare frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, powdered sugar, pureed strawberries and salt, until thoroughly mixed. Do not frost cookies until cookies have cooled completely. Store frosted cookies in the refrigerator and unfrosted cookies at room temperature.
Recipe by and for Doughvelopment
these are adorable! making cookies for yourself is so worth it! happy almost valentine's day to you friend!ReplyDelete
Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!Delete
they are so cute and look yummy!ReplyDelete
Thank you for stopping by! Glad you liked them!Delete
These are really adorable!! Love the pictures too :)ReplyDelete
Hi! I love how informative and great your articles are. Can you recommend a List of Citrus Fruits or blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a lot!ReplyDelete