I have always had an infatuation with ice cream, but this summer in particular I have been all about ice cream! We are talking ice cream almost everyday, which can't be helping my bikini body, not that I even attempted to get one. Now I need some easy workouts to stave off my ice cream calories, can anyone help me?
I photographed these the other morning, probably around 7 o'clock and of course for necessary drool factor purposes I just had to dig in! If I didn't that would just be a travesty!
So, these ice cream cupcakes are life changing. Maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but oh goodness they are delicious! A teeny tiny chocolate cupcake mounded high with your favorite ice cream and then topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, tasty and sinful, but not too bad since there is no butter in the cake! Enough talk, here is the recipe for these sweet frozen treats (frozen cake is a new favorite of mine, seriously try it, I was already a fan of frozen cookies and chocolate bars)!
Ice Cream Cupcakes
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake:
1 Cup sugar
¾ Cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
¼ Cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa
¾ Teaspoon baking powder
¾ Teaspoon baking soda
½ Teaspoon salt
1 Egg, room temperature
½ Cup milk
½ Cup vegetable oil
2 Teaspoons vanilla
½ Cup boiling water
Ingredients for Assembly of Cupcakes:
½ Gallon Ice Cream
Directions for Chocolate Cake:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, and line 2 muffin pans with paper liners.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Add egg, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla, mixing on medium for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in boiling water, the batter will be very thin and this is just fine.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pans (I used 2 to 2 ½ small cookie dough scoops worth for each). Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans.
Directions for Assembly:
1. Let ice cream soften for 15 to 20 minutes before using.
2. Using a large cookie dough scoop divide ice cream amongst cupcakes. Use a spoon to smooth and mound the ice cream (Easiest if the cupcakes remain in the pan).
3. Freeze cupcakes for 1 to 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles when ready to serve. Can be kept in freezer for up to a week.
Print Recipe Here
Recipe Inspired by How Sweet It Is
Chocolate Cake Recipe Adapted from Hershey's