|Are you hungry yet?|
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and I am sure many of you feel the same way. There is an ice cream shop near me that has a chocolate peanut butter cookie dough flavor. It is AMAZING! Add chocolate cake crunch and it is divine! If I only I knew how to make ice cream, then I could recreate the flavor and share it with you! Say I should make learning to make ice cream my New Years resolution, it would be much easier and much more enjoyable than getting in shape. Or maybe I should make an ice cream maker my reward for getting in shape, I may be on to something here! While I ponder this stroke of genius (tell me it is not a great idea!), here is the recipe for you!
|Ready to dig in? These are very quick and easy to make, |
so get your mixing arm ready!
"Light" Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 tablespoons skim-milk
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup mini peanut butter cups (or 3 roughly chopped large peanut butter cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, and spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs. Mix in the milk, vanilla extract, and cooled melted butter. Stir well.
4. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stir until the flour is about halfway combined, then add in the chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle the peanut butter cups evenly over the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
Printable Recipe Here
Recipe Adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny