|Gus knows the perfect spot to escape the frigid temperatures!|
Something about this picture I just love!
Can you believe it is already January 25? I can't! I am not really sure what that has to do with this post other than I was shocked when writing the date in the title. Okay, lets refocus my ADD inclined mind! I don't know if you have noticed this or not, but often I get side-tracked very easily...wow look there is a squirrel! What were we talking about again? Oh, right how I get distracted in an instant, I almost always need to be on the move, I cannot be somewhere static. Again I have no idea what this has to do with this weeks Scoop other than hopefully enticed you to read more! Onto the Scoop!
(And I am not really sure what is up with that random gap?)
1. Today I played with Play-Doh. I haven't done this in a very very long time, probably years! If you are feeling stress I would recommend grabbing some Play-Doh and get yourself a molding, and rolling. It tends to be most relaxing when not accompanied by the three year old who decides to take all of the Play-Doh and dump it into a huge pile, proceeding to mix all the colors. Totally relaxing right? (Yes if alone and able to keep all the colors separate from one another (Not like I am OCD or anything).)
2. This week has been FREEZING to say the least, and I know many of you have been experiencing this as well. I am pretty sure it is the coldest temperatures that I have ever lived through. It has been so cold in fact I bought a hat while out the other day because my ears were burning so badly. How pathetic is that?
Also the other night before going inside I decided to dump the remaining water from my water bottle on the ground and see how fast it froze! I went inside for maybe two or three minutes, then went back out and guess what? It was already frozen! CRAZY!
|The "sunny" means nothing.|
3. Here are some of my favorite bookmarks and pins of late:
- Cake Batter Yogurt by Knead to Cook This sounds like a great and "healthy" dessert choice. Recently I have been on an ice cream binge, so this might just be the fix for my sweet tooth! Also I love the spoons in the pictures, do you know where I could get my hands on some of those?
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Merry Gourmet My favorite flavor combination, enough said!
- Seltzer Water Cupcakes by Cleverly Inspired These sound both disgusting and oddly intriguing. I may just have to make them and find out which they are!
- Cherry Cookie Bars by Bubbly Nature Creations These are too pretty not to share! Plus I am on a cherry kick, so any sweet with cherries has been catching my eye!
- Blood Orange Lemons Bars with Brown Butter Crust by White on Rice Couple Just go look at the photos.
P.S. I would really love it if you followed me on Pinterest! The link is just over there on the left! Thanks!
4. I am really tired. I need to get exercising. I need to eat better. I feel pathetic...help me? Pity party, party of one! I need motivation! Do you have any tricks for motivating yourself? I need all the help I can get!
5. I know Valentine's Day angers some, they say it is not a real holiday. I neither agree nor disagree with them, depending upon your situation you decide how you feel about it. Setting aside said opinions on the holiday's validity, I am loving all the pink stuff that has been filling store's shelves! All the glitter too! And the pink! The heart shaped everything! And the pink! I do love the colors and decorations associated with Valentines day! I may or may not have bought 3 things of Valentine sprinkles and red curly straws...who would do that? Psssh crazy people!
Go kick back and relax! It's the "freakin'" weekend!
|Yes, this is my dog and unfortunately she has made this strange face on more than one occasion.|
To me it's kind of creepy. What about you?
But I still love her dearly! And she loves her belly rubs!
This is her kicking back and relaxing!
Have a great weekend, go crazy for belly rubs (see above)!