While taking pictures the other morning (before 8:30), I took a bite of one of the cookies to get that iconic cookie shot with a monster bite taken out of it! Well, that one bite just was not enough I proceeded to eat the entire cookie. Now these are not some small two bite cookies, I made these ginormous so it was a big deal for me to eat a whole one before 8:30! Guess what I did this morning? Ate another whole cookie before 9:00! Take my word, these are really good and really addicting! Let me know if you enjoy these as much as I did! Do you have any addicting recipes you would like to share? I would love to try them!
Oh...and here is a cookie sunrise picture!
- 1 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 C mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars, then mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well blended.
- Mix in 3/4 C of the M&Ms.
- Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets by large cookie scoopfuls. Slightly push down the cookies, then push a few more of the remaining M&Ms on top of the dough. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the edges begin to become golden brown and tops begin to look cooked.